Subject: [Leica] Another M8 malfunction, this time with the thumbwheel
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:13:20 -0500

> Hi Rabs,
> speaking as somebody who owns and has used both M8 and M9 I can assure you
> that both have been equally reliable and, unless one needs to be able to
> crop,
> or need the ultra wide angle, there is little if any reason to choose a M9
> over a M8.
> I know you have had a MASSIVE downer on the M8 since almost day one, but I
> can
> assure you it is quite unjustified.
> You should try one, it seems your lovely lenses are going to waste simply
> because of an irrational hangup.
> You wouldn't regret it!
> Frank

Me pointing out the huge success of the M9 contrasted against the M8 does
not exactly stand me out alone in the field. Its not news or controversy.
I'd have a hard time finding people to argue with me on the issue.
I'm mainly interested in how great the M9 is and the fact that the Leica M
is on solid ground now. I'm very positive on Leica.

This post of mine right by the way is not a defense for a recent bashing by
mine of the M8 as it may appear to be. As I didn't write one. This is a
positive response to one written by others about an M8 he's not going to see
till MID MAY!!!  The LUG is a brighter place of the many who had the good
fortune to be able to upgrade from the M8 to the M9.

I asked on the lug yesterday if anyone had any problems with their M9's.
About no one has. One person had a cracked glass. I call that good news.
I'm very positive about the present and the future for Leica and myself,
together and apart.

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll
be sun!

Tomorrow belongs Tomorrow belongs Tomorrow belongs to me

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Another M8 malfunction, this time with the thumbwheel)