Subject: [Leica] Ooops
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 01:59:12 -0500

> I didn't think it was directed at me alone, but at anyone who has sold gear
> to pay for other things they needed.
>

> --
> Chris Crawford

Yes but I've been on the LUG for a dozen or so years and people tend to be
real vague and its usually they sell gear to have money to get other gear.
You don't hear they sold  a lens to buy shoes.
I hope and am very optimistic that most of us can stay out of such dire
circumstances.

I had beans and rice tonight for dinnner like I usually have this  year.
Some nights I don't have money for some tomato stuff to go over it. Tonight
I did it cost me a dollar and sixty cents I splurged and it was well worth
it I felt like ate like a King.
Once in a while  I run a bit short at the end of a  month and I have rice no
beans.
Next month my retirement kicks in I'll be taking a Learjet to the 21 club
and eating a hundred dollar Veggie burger for lunch; who knows? I think it
will translate to I get to see some movies. We'll see. I'm hoping I have a
rare blood type and they can hook me up.

I could sell one of my 90's and spend some a month or so able to go to
sidewalk caf?'s which I have to most the time walk by but you know what? I'm
just going to wait in it. I've not had to deal with hunger and I'm very
aware on how much that means. I own some very nice Leica gear to me  at this
point that Leica gear is not money in the bank. That's my Leica gear.
I could sell chair I'm sitting on now my laptop my IKEA bed. I'm happy I'm
not being put in that position.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Ooops)