Subject: [Leica] Zeiss lens question
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 00:24:23 -0500

I too just acquired this lens (the VC Skopar 35/2.5) (referring to the
company as VC always makes me think of the Vietcong which isn't really
fair): it is quite good, sharp and very rich in color.

OF COURSE I HAVEN"T YET PRINTED ANYTHING -- I judge only having looked at
the 100 percent size images on computer -- and I am taking very seriously
Mark's admonitions that nothin' means nothin' til the picture's on the paper
and one day I hope to take a picture actually worth printing -- but that
said, judging against other putatively "good" lenses, I declare it very good
and quite a bargain. It looks gratifyingly old school and is delightfully
tiny and light.