Subject: [Leica] Wendy;s developing.
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:39:18 -0500

I've been using a different approach, courtesy of LUGger Leonard Taupier.

Develop and fix the film as recommended by the manufacturer.
Then wash the film ON THE REEL, in the tank, with tap water for five minutes
(no more)  The water should be on a continuous flow.  I will also completely
change the water in the wash bath two or three times in the first minute,
just to be rid of any of the fixer/developer.

While the film is in the wash, I prepare a final bath with 1:200 PhotoFlo
and filtered water.  A small tub is fine.

After five minutes of the tap rinse take the film out of the rinse, shake
off the excess water, and take the film off the reel. Grab the ends of the
film, and glide the film back and forth through the filtered water/photo flo
tank for 30 seconds. Hold at a 45-degree angle to let any excess water run
off (I sometimes add a smart snap).  Then hang the film to dry.  DO NOT
SQUEEGE.

This has worked WONDERFULLY for me, with a wide variety of b/w emulsions.

Best,
Jim Shulman
Wynnewood, PA
Who just mixed up two more jugs of D-76.