Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:12:47 -0500

I actually agree with you; certain things are simply measurably better than
other things (and certain ideas and certains ways of educating and certain
works of art too).   Indeed I usually agree with you.  I was only trying to
explain how the world looks to others nowadays, and also to point out that
shiny bald unnuanced assertions don't do justice to your experience and your
wisdom in these matters. And, agree with you as I might, I thought you
likely launched against the wrong guy for a misperceived reason.  Wendy,
already overbudget on the M6 and 50mm but yearning for a 35, asked about the
cheaper lens; he said it's great and he loves it; you invaded Iraq. The
image of you standing and watching the prints emerge at $25 a pop and
wondering what you might have done better, that will last in my mind for a
long time, and it adds powerfully to the credibility of your opinions.