Subject: [Leica] PIXEL PITCH SIZE
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 16:33:32 -0500

> Does anyone have any data
> if this is true for CCD sensors?
>
> It appears to me that CCD's simply do not offer
> the kind of high ISO performance that Cmos does.
>
> As far as I can tell
> the current (so called) medium format CCD sensors
> run about the the same sized sensor sites
> as the M9.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george at imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com/blog
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist
>
> On Feb 28, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> And I'd not mind it if by then the sensor sites had been enlarged
>> so I'm not
>> getting 18 MP's but 12 and have a much higher useable iso range. As
>> is par
>> for the course right now.

Not talking CMOS vs. CCD my PhD didn't cover that.
I'm pitching the idea of PIXEL PITCH SIZE.
6.8 x 6.8 ?m pixel pitch  on the M9.
The D700 I just checked as an idea to figure out what's going on and its got
an  8.45-micron pixel pitch. That sounds more like it.
Hence usably very high low noise ISO's which has become a standard for this
day and age.
I have a feeling a size around that is what I'm aiming for for my M9R!

Search engine: pixel pitch size

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Check out what "Clark" says