Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 03:20:07 -0500

A 35mm f2 lens costing $1000 isnt exactly cheap anyway. The 35/2 AF-D Nikkor
is only about $300 new as is the 35/2 Canon EOS lens. These lenses, with
their autofocus gearing (and a motor in the case of the EOS lens) are more
mechanically complex than a rangefinder lens, are both reputed to be very
good lenses from an image quality standpoint, and still cost 1/3 what the
'cheapie' Zeiss lens does. So the Zeiss is pretty costly too, I think. I
wouldn't mind trying one and comparing against my Leica 35 V4 Summicron. I
have used a few of the Cosina Voigtlander lenses and they were optically
very good but the build quality on the 35/1.7 Ulron and 50/1.5 Nokton
sucked, though the 35/2.5 PII was built very nicely I though. I sold it
because it was too contrasty for my taste but it was SHARP and built well.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography