Subject: [Leica] M5: Bigfoot & Bubba take offense
From: wtorry at vbar.com (Wayne Torry)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:28:11 -0600

"> [ Totally off the point, I have yet to see anyone on the LUG cop to

> owning

> the much deplored M5. How bad can they be? When you find them, they

> ain't

> cheap; but nobody seems to own one either. ]"

> Vince

Spoken only by those who have never owned and used the M5.

I had a pair of M5s until recently. I bought my first M5 in mid-2006. I
liked it so much that when Sonny offered his M5 here in late 2006, I
snapped it up. Alas, I recently traded Sonny's M5 for a Canon 1D Mk III.
That seems fitting since I bought two M5s in 2006 from folks raising
money for an M8. Bubba is now in good hands in Indiana. The new owner
had an M5 years ago and wanted another.

The M5 is the best camera that I have ever owned and used. That includes
the likes of Nikon F, Rapid Omega, Pentax 6x7, Mamiya TLR, Canon EF,
EOS-1 and VI-T, Linhof, Zone VI, etc.

Happiness is an M5 and 3 lenses. If I could only decide which 3 lenses
to keep. A pleasant quandary for sure.

Cheers!

Wayne

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M5: Bigfoot & Bubba take offense)