Subject: [Leica] Shoot your Leica R glass with a mirrorless SAMSUNG¹S NX
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 20:41:22 +0000

I thought we have only been talking about sensor sizes. Number of pixels has
not been mentioned until you just did so now. The cropped sensor cameras
such as most Canon, Nikon etc are -less- than half a 35mm frame in area, 4/3
is a bit less still, but bigger than you seem to think, very much more than
half APS.

I agree that the M9 is mega impressive compared to any other camera in size,
but so was the M8 which was also -much- smaller than any other camera with
the same sized sensor. The M8 and M9 stand head and shoulders above any
other camera in body to sensor size ratio.

The latest micro 4/3 are impressive too, though the original 4/3
disappointed in size the picture quality is extremely good, perhaps because
the lenses available for this format were extremely good since they could be
optimised for the slightly smaller image circle. I used my M9 and a
Panasonic GH1 when photographing my new grandson last week and the GH1 did
not disgrace itself.

Frank