Subject: [Leica] My falling love again with 75 lux
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:55:03 +0000

Richard Said...
"Besides, the 75 is svelte comparing to any dSLR zoom!"

Amen to that!  Last evening we went to a family party and I decided to
take some photos for the hosts and create photo book for them.  As it
was going to be dark, I thought I'd use the 20D plus 17-40mm L series
lens plus a dedicated flashgun.  Compared to a Leica outfit it was a
monster.  In the end, I took an M8, three lenses and GF1.  It all took
up less space and probably weighed less than the 20D combo.

Anyway, as far as the pictures are concerned, all I can say Jerry is
don't ever get rid of that lens.  You have made some lovely images with it.

75mm is a focal length that I like (on the M8 at least), but I 'only'
have the CV color heliar.  A nice lens, but no way does it compare to
the Summilux.  I wouldn't mind the Summicron either...

How good are the 50/75 frame lines on the M9?  They are irritating (but
manageable) on the M8.

Cheers

Mark

Mark Pope,