Subject: [Leica] OT: Plane Crash
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:07:24 -0500

Alas, the plane crashed in East Palo Alto, and if East Palo Alto looks
anything like it did 30 years ago when I sold a car there (one in which I'd
driven cross-country, a 1964 Slant-Six Plymouth Valiant convertible) there
are no Leicas there, and no members of the LUG. My memory is of considerable
dilapidation and a run of junkyards patrolled by snarling dogs. It was the
summer of 1979 and no one I encountered in E. Palo Alto during the long
afternoon I spent there was a very good mood. Then again the whole country
was in a bad mood in 1979. We were wiser then.