Subject: [Leica] Leicas and National Geographic
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:15:58 +1000

Thanks for your contribution on this Emanuel. I cannot think of another
periodical that goes to such lengths for photography essays. I noted in the
television programme that the audience for each issue was 39 million people.
At one point you could purchase a large set of CD/DVDs of all back issues up
to a certain point. However I discovered that they were completely
unsearchable, that is simple single images of each individual page, all
thousands of them. Imagine what a resource it would be if re-done in a
modern way.
 Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman