Subject: [Leica] IMG: Murillo's
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:42:37 -0800

On Feb 16, 2010, at 12:18 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>>> Nobodies agonizing Steve. We're just being photographers.
>>> Editing ones body of work is an ongoing process.
>>

>> It's encouraging  to hear that Mark...we do hear a lot about agony
>> though...
>> but it's just part of the job,
>> I think digital seems to be  creating more agony...
>> less editing to get to first base, many more photos, leaves much more
>> editing
>> to round the bases,
>>
>> Steve
>

> What would you rather have photography be Steve?
> You could trade in all your gear for an 8x10 Deardorf and start shooting
> very well thought out in advance sheet film;
> That would get you off the hook on a lot of editing chores for your future
> body of work.

that sure is one approach to encourage editing up front....

just not the only one by any means.

that vs the ubiquitous "spray and pray, edit delay..."

clearly what I think we all are tempted to do, myself included, is wait for
the shot, then take a hundred,
then agonize over which one is the best....

Steve