Subject: [Leica] Last minute Cuba problem
From: piers at hemy.org (Piers Hemy)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 08:39:23 -0000

I use the Epson P-3000, Alastair (though for O, not for H & L files).  The
support for ORF files from the O cameras comprises display of the embedded
jpeg in the raw file - you do not get to see the raw file itself (the
resolution is clearly not as high as it should be from a raw file), so the
"dng only shows as jpeg previews" is as good as it gets, sorry.  That said,
it works a dream, and surely does "support" H files in the sense that you
can back them up onto the Epson device, using it as a portable HD with
menu-driven interface. You just won't be able to preview them onscreen, as I
understand from your posting.

There are other brands that do a similar job - Viewsonic and Jobo come to
mind - but I can't say if they support H and L files (or O for that matter).

I can't think of an alternative that would not require a PC to drive it.