Subject: [Leica] Agricultural Program, Helmand, Afghanistan
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:29:47 +0000

I tend to agree. The attempt at prohibition in the US showed that banning
drugs which people want is just an opportunity for criminals to expand their
business. If all drugs were legal, taxed and controlled the money would go
to the State instead of the criminals and the "dose" would be known, much
less chance of accidental overdose.
I am not sure how else one can control these things. Every theory has an
example disproving its efficacy. It is an education and cultural thing.
Frank

On 8 Feb, 2010, at 03:46, Philip Leeson wrote:

> Narcotic pain medications are synthetically produced nowadays.
> Heroin is the "natural" product.
>
> Sometimes I wonder if the world would be better off if we just treated it
> like alcohol, controlled and taxed.
> The USA's war on drugs has certainly been a dismal failure.
>
> Phil
>
> On Feb 7, 2010, at 5:09 PM, Greg Lorenzo wrote:
>

>> Wendy Thurman wrote:
>>

>>> It's been a while since I have posted any images. I've spent some time in
>>> Lashkar Gah where we operate a teaching farm for local farmers. The area
>>> is
>>> extremely volatile; in the second image the person on the hill is a
>>> Taliban
>>> spotter. This area is as spooky as any I experienced in Iraq; the