Subject: [Leica] Pictures of the attack on Pearl Harbor
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 16:54:46 -0500

Not all Republicans.

Jeanette Rankin, our country's first Congresswoman, a Pacifist, a
Suffragette, and a Republican, was the sole Congressional vote  against
entering World War II.  If nothing else, she was consistent, having
voted against entering World War I as well.  Curiously, she only served
two noncontiguous terms, which happened to coincide with both votes.
The Montana Republican was first elected to the House of Representatives
in 1916, four years before the 19th Amendment gave all American women
the right to vote.

-rei