Subject: [Leica] [IMG] Lovey Dovey
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:32:06 -0600

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Peter Cheyne <geordiepete211 at
yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> I've reduced the number of images to eight.
> www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/sets/72157623217112957/
>
> Sonny,
> thanks for the advice about being brutal in whittling down fifty odd
> shots down to two or three.

That works better.  At the largest, the last one looks OOF

>  me, from Hong Kong.  That has a funny
> characteristic too.  Sometimes I pop it in the M8, and despite being
> fully charged (as it was since before it was even used) the M8
> registers it as empty.  Yet it keeps on working.  A while later it
> shows up as being full.  I'm not letting it bother me too much, and
> just keep two batteries on me in case one of them starts playing up.  I
> think it's an issue with the camera, but I don't want to send it back
> and dally about getting a refund and then try to buy another one.

I've heard that the HK batteries do that.   I have a couple, and they made
me so nervous that I just put them on the shelf.

I have three Leica batteries, and rotate them.  They've lasted three years
with no issues.

> Why
> do you suggest using any website other than Flickr?  I've used Flickr
> for a few years, and treat it as a place to back-up photos

My problem with Flickr is that you only get the white background, and you
can only show it easily in their size.

If someone wants to look at another size, then they have to click around.
I'd rather present the picture at a reasonable size to begin with, on a dark
background.

Webhosting is so inexpensive these days, it seems a shame to let Flickr take
control of your stuff.   I have a Flick acct, but I rarely use it, and
hardly anyone ever seems to stumble across it. On the other hand, my website
can be found in Google pretty easily, and I have full control of it.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com