Subject: [Leica] OT Pana GF1 (20 pancake) & Ricoh GRD-III
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:31:26 +0100

Hi Steve,

I have the GF-1 and I am very pleased with it. With the 20mm pancake, and
without the EVF, it is pocketable if you have a jacket on, but otherwise not
(i.e. not shirt-pocket pocketable). Assuming the GRD III is the same size as
the GRD I once had, then there is a significant difference in size. But in
the end I sold the GRD--low light performance was not good, and I found the
single focal length too limiting in the end. These days I have the LX3 (i.e.
same as DLux 4) as the pocket camera. Low light performance is still crappy
but at least there is more flexibility in terms of focal length and it is
pocketable.

If I recover sufficiently from the flu that has kept me at home for the past
1.5 days, we are going hiking in the mountains tomorrow. I will probably
take the GF-1, maybe the LX3, but definitely not the M8.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain