Subject: [Leica] IMG: Elida Lacayo, Miskita Girl
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:06:17 +1000

Tina for my taste the one labelled clarity works better. Difficult to judge
from the web sizes of course. In any event I prefer the texture and grain to
be present in the girl's clothing and the wooden structure, all
complementing the light and atmosphere. I am always hesitant to suggest
variations to photographers much more skilled and experienced than I will
ever be. Maybe it's useful to receive a variety of feedback anyway? Was your
intent with the negative clarity to soften the rendering of the girl's skin?
If so perhaps you could experiment with local application (via adjustment
brush) of the effects you are seeking? For my 2 Lempira worth, I think that
the original is very fine in all of its TMaxiness.
 Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman