Subject: [Leica] Problem with new to me M8
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 21:48:38 -0800

Gene, while I think Mark is wrong in many ways, I think the issue of sensor
size has been a marketing issue of price point.  A smaller sensor = lower
cost camera.  In the case of Canon, the EOS 1D Mk IV at a smaller sensor
size is $2K cheaper than the FF sensor EOS-1Ds Mark III.  ( $5K vs $7K)

Now the Nikon lineup is a more confusing issue as the D700 at $2500 is a
great alternative to the D3x at $8K.  They may upset the entire higher end
digi-SLR pricing apple cart.

While I believe Leica should be offering both the M8 and M9 at 2 differing
price points, when your production line is full with the more expensive and
presumably more profitable camera, why bother with the lower cost camera?

It is all about utilizing your resources most effectively......

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

If the cropped format is no longer viable, I wonder why Canon has just
brought out a new EOS 1D Mk IV?  They  must really be out of touch with
reality.  Sorry Mark, but I think it is still very viable.

gene