Subject: [Leica] What can the LUG do for Haiti?
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:33:52 -0500

I've been thinking - one of the reasons that some tragedies are noticed and
others slip past is compelling images. Kevin Carter's photo of the Vulture
stands out in my mind. I've been moved and distressed and emotionally
pilloried by some of the photos coming from Haiti and was thinking that an
appropriate way for this group to help out might be by finding a photography
school somewhere in the country, donating some collected funds or equipment
and helping the people who will be documenting the rebuilding of that place
in the years to come.

Something like Jeff Mills' Young Haitian Documentary Photographers Group:

http://www.rocksandtrees.ca/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=109

What say you?

Kyle

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] What can the LUG do for Haiti?)