Subject: [Leica] What can the LUG do for Haiti?
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:10:19 -0700

Kyle Cassidy writes:

> I've been thinking - one of the reasons that some tragedies are noticed
> and others slip past is compelling images. Kevin Carter's > photo of the
> Vulture stands out in my mind. I've been moved and distressed and
> emotionally pilloried by some of the photos

> coming from Haiti and was thinking that an appropriate way for this group
> to help out might be by finding a photography school > somewhere in the
> country, donating some collected funds or equipment and helping the people
> who will be documenting the

> rebuilding of that place in the years to come.
>
> Something like Jeff Mills' Young Haitian Documentary Photographers Group:
>
> http://www.rocksandtrees.ca/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=109
>
> What say you?

The urgent need in Haiti right now is for clean-safe-water, food, medical
assistance, temporary shelter, rescue and recovery assistance people and
equipment. (Not necessarily in that order).

Most people who can have already, or plan to donate funds, to help out with
this.

The Red Cross, Salvation Army and other organizations are ready, able and
willing to help Haitians with folks already there or on their way right now.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft?s powerful SPAM protection.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390706/direct/01/