Subject: [Leica] Collapsible 50mm Elmar and Summicron on M8 M9 (Steve Barbour)
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:32:58 -0500

My 50mm 3.5 Elmar will fully collapse into both of my R-D1 bodies and
just barely touch a "shelf" which makes up the top & bottom of the
forward part of the film gate. I'm not worried about shutter damage,
but the black paint inside the chamber could possibly flake off if
scratched by the locking lugs so I too use the rubber band trick just
to ensure that no metal to metal contact is made.

Phil Forrest