Subject: [Leica] Collapsible 50mm Elmar and Summicron on M8 M9 (Steve Barbour)
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:37:32 -0700

I have a couple of bodies that can be a problem with collapsible lenses.
 The 50mm Elmar barely touches something inside the Bessa L and possibly the
other Bessa RFs when fully collapsed.  Also, my M2 shows faint marks inside
that look suspiciously like they came from a collapsed lens tube.  My
solution has been to put a small rubber band around the lens tube and push
it up as far as it will go toward the front of the lens.  That will keep the
lens from collapsing completely but still let it flatten enough to fit into
a pocket.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE