Subject: [Leica] Oatmeal revisited
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:17:06 -0500

On Jan 14, 2010, at 10:07, Steve Barbour wrote:
> as they say... B. cereus   (Bacillus cereus)... rice is a major player,
> ways to get it, ways to avoid it....cook it hot enough, eat it, don't
> store it, don't reuse it....
[...]
> http://www.nzfsa.govt.nz/consumers/food-safety-topics/foodborne-illnesses/safe-cooling-of-cooked-rice/index.htm

Interesting. I have eaten a lot of rice. Pretty well all of it cooked in an
electric rice cooker (before the keep warm feature) and plenty of leftover
rice cooled to room temperature and kept in the fridge for several days for
making fried rice. Never experienced these symptoms. Must have gotten lucky
I guess. I never head of this kind of food contamination amongst all my
Chinese relatives and friends.

To throw out left over rice is to waste food. It's just not done.

George, I like Tiger brand. It's what we use at home. The same one for the
last 15 years. For 2 people, a 5 cup model is plenty big. Features? Turns on
manually and turns off automatically when done. Nothing else really matter.

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Oatmeal revisited)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Oatmeal revisited)