Subject: [Leica] New 35mm cropped
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 01:55:44 -0500

> Mark,
> In which case methinks you should give the M9/D700 a miss and save up
> for a Mamiya DM22 or even a Leica S2...
> Cheers
> Jayanand

That thought had occurred to me, Jayanand and I've mentioned it off and on
on the lug over the past year that I'd be happy as a clam and maybe not
annoy too many people with a back for my Hasselblad system. I have a
Hasselblad 100mm Planar f3.5 T* CFi
This is an optic worthy of mentioning in the same paragraph as the  75mm
f/2.0 APO Summicron M Asph or 90mm f/2.0 APO Summicron M Asph.
It's a WOW optic.
Wonder of Wonders
Wendy O Williams
Web Object Wrapper

I shot  tons of events with the system in the gay 90's. Switched from Nikon.
I can move fast as lightning with a Hasselblad in my hand or on a tripod
even. It does not slow me down as much as you'd think.
And I shot plenty of on location fashion with the stuff.
The results I'd get now would put 24x36 format digital in the shade.
This we've discused on the lug a bit already..

The first thing that happened to me when I came to New York threee years ago
I was signing my first lease and some kid from some photo class comes up to
me and shoots my picture with the school Hasselblad. This in the East
Village. A film back.

I had to pack carefully on my way over here.
My Hasselblad was in the car for sure.

Mark William Rabiner