Subject: [Leica] New 35mm cropped
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:46:57 -0500 (EST)

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>Is that what you're using Doug? An M8?

Don't be silly, Mark.  Can't focus my 280 APO on it.

>It will be interesting to see in a year what  they are selling for.
>And who wants to buy them. It won't be me.  Will I know them or just read

Mark, it' just a suggestion, take it or leave it.  Seeing as how you're so
down on cropped sensors and the M8's is bigger (less crop) than the D40 it
might be worth a look.  The DX Nikon lens' resale value will plummet too,
especially when you open the box.  My guess is the net cost will be pretty
similar to the 35mm f/1.8 DX and you'll be able to use your other M lenses
too.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com