Subject: [Leica] GF-1 v. EP-2
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 22:09:48 -0500 (EST)

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

>Stabilisation is not over rated at all - it is essential:
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/_DSC6850.jpg.html
>
>1/60 at 380mm hand holding a Nikkor 200-400 lens, heavy stuff - the
>lens by itself weighs 3.3 kg...My gallery is filled with photographs
>that would not be there without Vibration Reduction.

It's neither essential nor over-rated.  There are many ways to reduce camera
shake, electro-mechanical stabilization among them.  Each has its advantages
and disadvantages, whether it's essential or not depends on the particular
circumstances and personal preferences.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com