Subject: [Leica] [OT] Scanning Kodachrome help
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:10:48 +1000

One version I tried was similar to the result that Pasvorn got. I think that
the highlights have been lost though. There are some patches which are
clipped already but after the adjustment much more of the snow has been
lost.I tried again with just from the waterline upwards selected and used a
mask to colour balance the highlights only. That clipped the highlights in
the top area and not the bottom but that's hardly an improvement. I tried
graduated changes using Raw tools and an adjustment brush in Ps. None of
these loked natural. I think that Philippe's simpler global adjustment is
much more effective than any thing I tried. Well done, Philippe. I should
have said at the beginning too, it is a lovely shot by Spencer and well
worth some extra effort.