Subject: [Leica] Captions
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 15:49:48 -0800

One more thought?

Douglas Barry offered:
>>> Strongly disagree. A caption can add to a picture as well as giving the
>>> who, what, where.... How the blazes can one "Untitled" picture be
>>> remembered against the visual sea of other "Untitled" pictures.<<<

Douglas,
if you have the time please look at my website    tedgrantphoto.com   click
on an image and it enlarges, some pictures have a name only where we thought
it might be interesting. Most are stand alone images simply because I want
the viewers to................... "LOOK AT EACH ONE AS THEY STAND!" Not
reading a bunch of words.  IE: Caption!

So far every viewer who has responded have been absolutely positive without
a word about missing captions!  No caption for the opening horses. I had a
response from  a man who offered ... "I'm from Alberta and I'll never forget
that beautiful photo as long as I live! No caption. Merely a direct comment
about the quality of the photograph. Have a peek mon ami. thanks. Then let
me know what you think. Thank you.
cheers,
ted