Subject: [Leica] IMG: Blinds
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:01:36 -0800

Ruediger Merz wrote:

> It seams that the LUG members are more used to family, travel and
> street photo's. But one can use a Leica for other, more strange and
> weird photos. I try on purpose to break the rules of photography to
> find my own style. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.<,

George Lottermoser offered:
>>> While the most vocal LUG members may favor "family, travel and street
> photo's" I'm sure many (there's around a thousand LUG members), like
> myself,
> also appreciate other genres of well seen and recorded photographs.
> You've presented some beautiful light images
> around the age old theme "window"
> made all the more interesting by the "blinds"<<<<<<<<<

It never occurred to me the LUG family were any more interested about
family, travel and street photos than they are about flowers. Yep some
members are far more prolific with subject matter posted simply because they
are far more mobile than many of the "older ladies and gentlemen." ;-)
Therefore their families, gardens and small local areas are the stage
setting for their photography. ERGO: we see many more of this kind of
subjects. But they are just as appreciative of all subjects.

Rudy your blind series is a wonderful shoot completely and different, also
well executed as a subject.

I shot a similar subject many years ago only .... "DOORS!" All Leica film
images which I shot during assignments across North America and other parts
of the world when I had down time from my paid assignments. Finally
presented the series for a book to my publisher on exactly the same day
another publishing house released a new book called? Yep you might know....
"DOORS!"  I believe shot by an American photog, can't remember who, it was a
long time ago in the early '70's.

Of course that was the end of my book idea! ;-(

cheers,
ted

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Blinds)