Subject: [Leica] year end mad dash to spend $$$ or pay taxes on it
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:43:16 -0800 (PST)

I think what Reuters is referring to is the section 179 deduction in lieu of
depreciation. You can deduct the full value of the asset(s) up to $250,000
in the year of purchase: you don't have to depreciate the asset over its
useful life (there are exceptions of course; consult your tax preparer).
In 2010 the section 179 deduction is scheduled to be dropped to $25,000.
So buy multiple M9s, MF backs, D3s, lenses, printers, pack mules (I deducted
my SUV in the year of purchase!), etc.
YMMV,
Bob
 Bob Adler