Subject: [Leica] IMG: White-rumped Shama (repost)
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:21:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi Doug,

The differences are obvious. What I particularly like is that there is more
detail in the head of the Shama and?the color balance is better (tail
feathers are now white,?chest feathers show some white highlights, etc).

I do find the brightness of the green background a bit overwhelming, but
that's just my opinion.?Nature?rarely, if ever, listens to my opinion, and
I?imagine this is what it really looked like.?Maybe a bit desaturation of
the background as well as burning or fixing the bright white line to the
left of the Shama's beak would help me focus more on the subject.

I'm also curious, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how you masked the
background from the Shama so well. Any technique you could share would be
appreicated.

Obviously it goes without saying that you've caught this skittish fellow
with a beautiful catchlight in his eye and crisply focused?in a lovely pose
showing his peaked awareness. So if you did nothing it would be a
spectacular image. It looks like he's just about to spirit away; I can feel
the?tension.

Thanks for showing.
Best,
Bob