Subject: [Leica] lions and elephants
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:20:46 +0530

Steve,
Even tigers, which like all cats except lions are solitary creatures, do
take down very young elephants singlehandedly from time to time - so lions
would find it much easier, working as a pride. I remember seeing a Nat Geo
film on a pride attacking and taking down a adolescent elephant. But I would
guess it is extremely rare except in parts of Botswana, probably initially
triggered by brutal drought and hence a paucity of other prey.
Cheers
Jayanand