Subject: [Leica] lions and elephants
From: bs.pearce at cox.net (Sue Pearce)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:49:33 -0600

Elephants are indeed one of the animals that lions avoid conflict with, but
not always. On one of her past safaris, my wife saw the results but not the
actual act. There is one pride of lions in far south Africa that habitually
kill and eat elephants. It is supposed to be the only known pride that can
successfully do this. It requires seventeen (SEVENTEEN!) lions working
together, presumably in harmony, to accomplish this. We can guess that they
learned this skill over generations, and it is passed down from mother to
daughter.

Bill Pearce

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] lions and elephants)