Subject: [Leica] Oatmeal/Porridge/Oatcakes
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:07:20 +0100

In Yorkshire we usually put a spoonful of Tate and Lyles Golden Syrup
(refined sugar cane syrup) and a dash of milk on it.

Traditionalists only sprinkle salt on it.

BTW: An American won the Golden Spurtle in 2009:
http://www.goldenspurtle.com/

In Staffordshire they forget all about porridge and make oatcakes with
it - served with anything from chocolate sauce to baked beans or chilli -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oatcake

Oatcake shops used to be as popular as Fish ' Chip shops down around
Stoke on Trent ( at least into the early seventies, when I lived in
Longton).

Douglas