Subject: [Leica] Oatmeal
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:15:35 -0500

Butter and brown sugar on oatmeal are good for balm, sunny climes but if you
really want a breakfast that will fortify you for a day of X-country skiing
in Vermont, you can forget about the sugar and use a couple of tablespoons
of maple syrup. Grade B is best. Real maple syrup lovers will know why. Of
course if you are in New York or Canada, New York or Canadian maple syrup
will do as well. I've never tried Tina's recommendation for a jigger of
single malt scotch on oatmeal but I suspect that would be better about
bedtime. You might double the recipe and forget about the oatmeal.
Larry Z
- - - - -

Oatmeal is OK when you are going to stay inside and nurse a cold, because it

is a nice stand-alone dish.  It needs a pat of butter and some brown sugar

on top to make it have a little taste, and I like that.  The long cooking

ones are where it's at, I agree.

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Oatmeal)