Subject: [Leica] Panoramic Photo
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 02:35:57 -0500

>> I think how we perceive these sort of 'photographs' depends on your
>> cultural
>> background. To me, the panorama was an empty exercise in technique -
>> scenes
>> like this are part of my everyday life, and to me, quite banal.
>> Cheers
>> Jayanand

Well I think it redefines a few things. Such whole new ballgames down come
around all that often and when it does its exciting.
Framing little  rectangular moments of time as a normal photograph is is
great but its not necessarily what the world is all about.
This superpanoramic photo stitch is a document of a whole biome. A whole way
of life. I hate to say it but "its like being there".
It captures such in a way a movie or video can not and as a framed photo can
not. In away combines both.  I think we're going to be seeing more of them
and on a regular basis.
And I'm going to be doing some.
I'll be doing my street soon.

Scrolling along our monitor is one thing but blown up large as an
installation as a large mural down a hall would be another.

I've always love Panoramics of all sorts.
But my favorite format is 1 over 2.
Which I like as its both a formal rectangle AND a panoramic.
The way I see it its both at least.

Mark William Rabiner
Look!
It's SuperPan!