Subject: [Leica] Mac on a netbook
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 22:18:31 -0800

On Dec 12, 2009, at 9:57 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Yes, that is well-known. There is a Dell model that is supposed to be
> particularly well-suited for this hack. But it IS a hack, and fiddly. I
> would love to have a netbook with OSX on it and will buy one when and if
> Apple makes one (and no, the Macbook Air ain't it). In the meantime,
> Windows 7 is at least far more tolerable than Vista.

Nathan, I just got the MacBook Pro 13" screen with the more powerful
processor, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, it's not the MacBook Air, or a
Netbook, but boy is it powerful, small, and it can drive one of Apple's
large cinema screens if you desire...

a different beast yes,  but very small and more powerful than my large iMac.
If Apple made a netbook I'd look at it, likely be tempted, but for small and
powerful I love this MBP, and it's very portable ...

Steve