Subject: [Leica] Lightroom or CS4 Bridge?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 15:39:22 -0500

>> I'm not so sure that Lightroom uses the same code base, Frank. On the
>> Mac Lightroom is a 64 bit application while Photoshop remains 32 bit.
>> While a good part of that is certainly the Carbon bindings in
>> Photoshop for the GUI, I'd bet that there are a lot of Carbon calls in
>> the bowels of Photoshop as well. Lightroom looks to be a totally new
>> product/code base so I'm thinking that while the (handwaving) methods
>> are the same the code has been altered and perhaps even re-written
>> from scratch. (That would make sense for Adobe to do, in my opinion,
>> for a new product being released into a very new computing environment
>> from the one in which Photoshop evolved.)

I have a jacked up version of Photoshop which I may have not at all needed
but it came with the suite I needed which is adobe creative suite 4 design
premium.
It's called Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended.

" addition of capabilities for scientific imaging, 3D, and high end film and
video users. The successor to Photoshop CS3, Photoshop CS4 is the first
64-bit Photoshop on consumer computers (only on Windows ? the OS X version
is still 32-bit only.)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop

So it's all different.

There was a period of time where I felt like I had a real grip on the meat
of Photoshop. I could have taught it.
Now no. its left me in the dust.
I may go back to school. As a student.

Mark William Rabiner