Subject: [Leica] Super-Wide suggestions
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:36:19 -0500

Mark:

>>Just remember it doesn't matter what your pictures look like all that
matters is what YOU look like.
And you'd look great with that 18 2.8 Nikkor danglening off your
shoulder.<<

No doubt I'd look good with the 18/2.8! Wow, are those photos on
Rockwell's site impressive (both of and with the 18). (Thanks for the
link, BTW)

Sadly, I live in the sticks now days. Nobody sees me photographing.
People don't seem too interested in camera equipment either.

I just did a photo essay on how to make a perfectly smoked Christmas
Turkey.  Speaking of which, I spent several months debating on whether
to get a Weber Virtual Bullet http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ or Big
Green Egg      http://www.biggreenegg.com/ (any lens decision is easy by
comparison). My old electric smoker died last year.

Both the Weber and the Egg have a cult following. The Egg is the Leica
of BBQ/Smoker units. I got the Weber. It was 1/3rd the cost of a large
BGE. I must say, it's an impressive unit. In the last two weeks I've
smoked salmon, brisket, pork butt and several turkeys. My testers
(college students, mainly) can't get enough of it. This weekend I'm
tackling beer can chicken.

Dave R