Subject: [Leica] IMG: Garden resident
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 22:49:53 +0100

Le 26 nov. 09 ? 22:28, Geoff Hopkinson a ?crit :

> Thanks for looking everyone.
>
> Mark, yes they have VERY blue tongues which they display when they are
> distressed. Naturally I didn't want to annoy him just for the photo op
> however spectacular.
> Jim, they can live I think even 30 years and some some people
> befriend them
> as pets. They are great tto remove pests from your garden, like
> snails.

I beg to differ
Snails are good
Excellent, just ask me.
You must have some as soon as you come over next Spring

> Nathan they are not poisonous and I wanted to ensure that our terriers
> didn't harm him, of course. Its in their DNA to dig and hunt (the
> Border
> Terriers). Pity help any beetle that strays into the house. I've
> even seen
> them bark at tomatoes and small rocks.
> Philippe, absolutely true that the sprinkler stem distracts. It is
> 12cm high
> so it gives some scale I guess! I juggled herding two dogs away as
> he then
> retreated so I never got more shots I wanted. Now I know his closest
> hiding
> place anyway. He has lived here for a long time. Under our pool deck
> there
> are probably subterranean passages to all over the planet, for all I
> know. If he comes back wearing a saucy beret and carrying baguettes,
> I'll
> know where he has been.

Just follow him when he goes under, I'm waiting for you Geoff.
And I mean it.

Give doggies a pat from me, good on them they preserved it for our
enjoyment.
Thanks for sharing what is exotic to me.
Amiti?s
Philippe