Subject: [Leica] IMG: Garden resident
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 07:28:22 +1000

Thanks for looking everyone.

Mark, yes they have VERY blue tongues which they display when they are
distressed. Naturally I didn't want to annoy him just for the photo op
however spectacular.
Jim, they can live I think even 30 years and some some people befriend them
as pets. They are great tto remove pests from your garden, like snails.
Nathan they are not poisonous and I wanted to ensure that our terriers
didn't harm him, of course. Its in their DNA to dig and hunt (the Border
Terriers). Pity help any beetle that strays into the house. I've even seen
them bark at tomatoes and small rocks.
Philippe, absolutely true that the sprinkler stem distracts. It is 12cm high
so it gives some scale I guess! I juggled herding two dogs away as he then
retreated so I never got more shots I wanted. Now I know his closest hiding
place anyway. He has lived here for a long time. Under our pool deck there
are probably subterranean passages to all over the planet, for all I
know. If he comes back wearing a saucy beret and carrying baguettes, I'll
know where he has been.
2009/11/27 philippe.amard <philippe.amard at sfr.fr>

> Hi Sir Geoff!
>
> I'd have had it into a Luigi thing for me cam old chap,
> what an idea to take a picture when you could have saved so much ...
> (compulsory wink)
> I love the shot in fact - and you're such a cool guy to think of dogs and
> try to preserve it from mischief.
>
> As to the photograph, but here you most certainly had no choice, I'd have
> waited for it to move so that this, is it a sprinkler? - thing was out of
> the way - I know we don't always have time to think twice though...
> Very good take.
>
> Amiti?s de lizzardless Metz
>
> Philippe
>

> Le 26 nov. 09 ? 21:53, Ric Carter a ?crit :
>

> a cute guy
>>
>> ric
>>
>> On Nov 26, 2009, at 4:09 AM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
>>
>> I met this fellow again outside our back door today. Our Border Terriers
>>> needed to be bribed and distracted immediately
>>> http://www.pbase.com/image/119743235
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff