Subject: [Leica] Dante's point about microlenses on the M9 sensor
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 13:02:14 +0900

I'm very probably just showing up my ignorance on the topic, but I
thought that the M9 sensor's microlenses were only around the periphery
of the sensor, to correct the vignetting that would otherwise have
been caused by the light rays at the periphery striking at
the wrong angle.  If the microlenses do not cover the entire sensor,
then I don't think they can be acting as a kind of AA filter.
I'm expecting to be corrected on this!

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Dante's point about micro lenses on the M9 sensor)