Subject: [Leica] Migrating to Mac
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (Philippe Amard)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:12:26 +0100

Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

>We tried a little Mac book here for a year but never got used to the
>interface after years of exclusively PCs. It might be very worthwhile if you
>can sit dowm with one of those Mac photog folks and learn the interface a
>little before you spend your money?

I wouldn't swap the I-Mac 24 for any PC - just because it is fast,
stable, and the image quality is stunning.

Yet,,  it is for photos only so far - I keep working on a PC because
archiving, and editing files other than using LR is a real pain for me
on the MAC.
(XP would ask you to click START when you want to quit of course, but
clicking on + results in a smaller window on the Mac : go figure ! )

Now Alice bought herself  an entry Macbook and an I-Mac on Saturday.
She seems to find it wonderful after Vista.
This, to let you know about some feminine reaction to the gear in this
world of brutes such as I.

I was in the shop too on Sat, and agree that the 27 cinema display
I-Macs don't seem to add much for photography to what the 24 had - and
the 20/24 IMac is much cheaper right now here if still available over
there; we DID make a bargain buying those two even if my bet is that
Alice will have to buy that extra keybord for the I-Mac without a pad
for figures ...
Try the mouse too - it rolls, feels and squeaks differently ...

Oh yes, an essential asset: a Mac is ... SILENT
Hope this may help.
Philippe
.

Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Migrating to Mac)