Subject: [Leica] Migrating to Mac
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:51:35 -0500

LUG:

OK - you guys have almost convinced me.  Everybody that I know who
loves photos and is also an expert on computers uses Macs.  There
must be a reason.  My desktop PC is ancient (6 years old) and due to
be replaced soon.  I've had many problems with it lately and I'm
afraid it's on its last legs.  I'm seriously considering getting a
Mac laptop instead of replacing the PC desktop tower.  I think I can
finally use all of my external gadgets with either Mac or PC.  I want
something really fast that can use PSCS4 and LR3 optimally.  I would
probably continue to travel with either my netbook or this small Dell
M1210 laptop that I use at the farm so the Mac would stay on my desk
in my office most of the time. All of my photos are stored on the
Drobo and several external hard drives so the Mac won't have to have
enormous storage capacity.

I won't be able to get it until next year but I want to plan ahead
and get the best possible laptop I can for the money.  Any advice?

TIA

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com