Subject: [Leica] leica viewfinder magnifier 1.4 on M9
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 06:52:35 -0800

On Nov 6, 2009, at 10:35 PM, Marty Deveney wrote:

> I found the same thing - the 1.4 magnifier made the 0.68 finder much
> more usable in decent light with the 1.0 Noctilux and 75 Summilux.
> But in low or very low light it made the viewfinder dimmer and less
> contrasty that it was a moot addition - with the exception of the
> frameline size in the finder.

entirely agree Marty,

I don't think I've gotten to the point of ultimate dimness, but yes
that may be limiting, though as Ted says, if you can see it, you can
shoot it, now better, and I am not sure what I could see where the
viewfinder would be limiting, certainly very rare for me,

so it will be fine for almost all of my shooting practices,

thank you, Steve