Subject: [Leica] Why the mad rush / toxicity
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:45:02 -0500

Marty Deveney wrote:
> I remember making colour and contrast masks for C type
> and especially Ilfochrome prints - it was an awful job that provided
> only best of a bad scenario results.
>
> In comparison, well made high end inkjet prints seem miraculous.

I had an Ilfochrome processor - a huge machine requiring constant
maintenance but it mixed the chemicals at the right temperature for the
right times and seemed like a miracle at the time.   I had no idea.  The
Ilfochrome prints were gorgeous when they were right, but inkjet prints
are so much better that it's laughable - and with no temperatures or
chemical mixtures.

Tina
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Why the mad rush / toxicity)