Subject: [Leica] Why the mad rush / toxicity
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:15:58 -0600

Hi Steve,

My darkroom exposure, like yours, was more than 40 years ago, and was not
extensive.  I never considered the toxicity of the chemical exposure,
thinking there was not much of a problem unless they were ingested.

My late father-in-law made his living from a small studio for a number of
years.  He hated gloves, so his nails were often discolored, but he was not
aware of other symptoms.  He was active until he suffered a stroke at 90,
and died at 91.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA