Subject: [Leica] OT: Blasphemy Canon EOS 5D Mark II!
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:09:14 -0600

As a 5D owner, I agree with everything Henning said
(except I've not shot Nikon in the past 8 years so can't compare N to
C).

I find using the "systems" far easier and superior to combining the
odds and ends of different systems.

I much prefer using my R lenses on the R8/DMR
and Canon lenses on the 5D;
yet also enjoy the fact that if I need full frame
and an R fixed focal length lens
I have it available with the 5D.

I also enjoy the fact that my R lenses remain R lenses
and can mount to my
backup R8 film body
R8/DMR
and
5D without much fuss.

Even though "reversible"
I have a hard time imagining
the R glass becoming Nikon only
(without resorting to screwdrivers and such).

YMMV

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com